Monday, March 28, 2011

A Humor Break: Physician, know thyself.


I got this diagram e-mailed to me from a nurse friend of mine. It gave me a good laugh. Those that work in medicine can appreciate this as there seems to be these diagram boxes for everything. This one goes over how a medical student might find their specialty. Now, I don't know who to credit it to. So, if anyone knows, please e-mail me. And, if you find one for nursing, I'd be happy to post it.




I think the diagram does lend to the fact that certain medical specialties attract certain personalities. Nursing is no different. For instance, I happen to believe a lot of labor and delivery nurses have been cheerleaders in the past. Wouldn't you have to love to do that to get all those women through labor? What do you think the personality type is for a neurosurgeon, a podiatrist, or a family practice doctor? What about for an ER nurse, a neonatal nurse or a medical/surgical nurse?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is too good. And could there be just the slightest kernel of truth in some of the pathways? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this, Jordyn !!!! Not only is it funny, but you really nailed the topic.

    THANKS for the laugh and the insight.
    Dianna
    www.diannatbenson.com

    ReplyDelete