Sunday, January 6, 2013

Up and Coming

Hello Redwood's Fans!

You . . . have . . . officially survived the holidays! Congratulations. Now, we can get on with life-- if only my husband would get the Christmas decorations packed up. I know, not fair, but I DID buy and WRAP 80% of the presents.

As the new year has officially set in and we seemingly have all survived the Mayan apocylpse, the beginning of a new year generally brings about some reflection about the past and future.

I'm no different. I do like to make New Year's resolutions or at least set goals for the coming year. Here's a post I did recently at the WordServe Water Cooler that talks about goal setting and lists some ways to help achieve your goals for the coming year.

However, here at medical mayhem central I thought I'd spend a week discussing Dr. Eben Alexander's book, Proof of Heaven.

What do you think about human consciousness? How do these cells we call neurons collectively bring rise to our sense of self, our interaction with the environment . . . our sense of morality.

Do you believe in heaven, hell, or any sort of afterlife?

Let's see what Dr. Alexander thinks of it all as he recalls his Near Death Experience (NDE) during his week long coma as he nearly died from a rare form of bacterial meningitis.

His journey is truly one filled with miracles and a fascinating read. I hope you'll check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment