Sunday, September 29, 2013

Up and Coming

Hello Redwood's Fans!

How's your week been?

Mine . . . a little like the photo. I survived the ACFW conference in Indianapolis a few weeks ago. I didn't win the Carol Award which is a little sad but I got to meet the other two great women authors in my category: Katie Gansert and Courtney Walsh (the award went to Katie like I thought!) Katie is the gorgeous one in the pink.

If you are an aspiring author I highly recommend these conferences. They are a great way to network and just be amongst other like-minded individuals. I mean really-- does your family really understand your characters talking to you?



One of the highlights of the conference was meeting Frank Peretti. I think he could be considered the grandfather of the Christian suspense/paranormal novels with his groundbreaking books This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness. These books remain popular after their debut almost twenty years ago.



He was very kind and generous. I think he probably did take a photo with every conferee-- and there were almost 600 of us there. Worse than wedding photo day-- I'm sure his cheeks hurt for weeks.

This is also the last week to subscribe to my newsletter to be eligible for my mega-prize worth over $75.00! You can subscribe here.

For you this week I'm doing a little fall/winter health education. What exactly are flu and RSV?

Anyone else excited for autumn?!? Me, yes. Not so much geared up for what we call respiratory season though.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment